Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Update

So, I guess blogger was just down or something over the weekend, but now my posts seem to have posted...finally :) Anyway...we spent most of the 100 degree plus weekend in the water! Friday afternoon the kids and I swam and swam some more. James went out to his brothers to help him do some renovations on their recently purchased repo in Orange County, so it was just the kids and I. After swimming we ate and then watched a new Disney movie, the kids love it when we all lay in our bed and watch movies :)
Saturday, James was up early to work and I was supposed to go to a shower for my dear friend Sarah, but James didn't make it home in time from his jobs, so...we watched the soccer game and then you guessed it swam some more.
Kim came to babysit (and swim) and James & I went to a wedding for some friends in our marriage small group. It was a beautiful ceremony, but HOT! Congrats Tim & Glenda!
Sunday we went to church, the 9:30 service is so nice. We came home for a bit and rested and then headed over to the Mercer's for their open house/bbq. We ate and visited a bit and then went to use their community pool (it is sooo nice) and managed to stay cool in the water. :) After a couple of hours in the water we headed back to their house for the 2nd round bbq and dessert. We enjoyed just hanging out and fellow shipping with the variety of people that came to the Mercer's to celebrate their new home and the food was yummy too! By the time we got home it was bedtime and we all were ready to crawl in bed.
Our weekend seemed so ordinary that the camera didn't even come out. I figured, honestly how many water pictures can I have anyway? Plus it's been so hot, I've been in the pool too and that doesn't make for easy photography :) Anyway...Onto our first official week of summer break. Hope you have a great week.

No comments: