After I got back from taking the kids to school, James and I were talking over breakfast and realized that we had both given Zachary his morning medicine! AHHH! I called the Dr.'s but they weren't open yet, so I turned to the internet for some info on dosage and how much was too much...what I read freaked me out..."Overdose may be fatal" I called the Dr.'s again, our Dr. wasn't in, but the other Dr. said we might want to give him charcoal to induce vomitting and to immediately call poison control. The lady on the other end of the line at poison control was seriously the calmest person I've ever spoken with, maybe that's why she works at poison control...Anyway, turns out because of the legnth that he's been on the medication and his size he should be fine, but she told me to watch his breathing (since he already has asthma and breathing issues) and I should notify his school in case of a drastic change in his behavior. I called Zach's school and talked to the nurse, explaining the situation. I felt better, but still I thought I'd feel better having him with me today and the ability to watch him more closely and ease the expectations of his day ( given that we'd nearly killed him, okay not really, but I still feel like a negligent mom.)
After getting off the phone with poison control and Zach's school, it was time for me to go to Gracie's school to hear her presentation on polar bears. James and I had both planned on going, and letting the little ones sit at the door in the stroller, but with the rain and the morning we just experienced, James decided to stay home with them and I'd just go. I made it just in time. I give my girl credit, as it must have felt intimidating standing up in front of her entire class with every one's eyes on her. She got to sit in Mrs. Beall's big chair and read her report, show everyone the pictures and then answer her classmates questions. Everyone clapped when she was finished and her teacher gave her an award for her good work. It was very cute, I must say.

After leaving Gracie's school I went to Zach's school and picked him up. He was rather surprised and apparently hadn't even noticed the xtra meds in his system, although he did say he was tired and looks like a zombie...So, that's my morning. Grady's sleeping, Hoper and Zach are watching a movie and I'm going to join them. My day can only get better at this point, right? :)
2 comments:
wow, that is scary! I'm glad all is ok with Zach and I hope your afernoon is much easier!
oh no! Poor guy. Well, when I was 4 my grnadma gave me flea dip instead of cough medicine by accidnt. At least thats the story she is sticking too! :) Funny cause ever since I have had great hair and no lice problems! :) Hope your week smooths out a little. :)
Post a Comment