Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Last Day of School

So it's finally here! The school year has officially come to an end. It seems like I've been waiting for this for some time now, but I actually can't believe another school year has past. All of the kids had fabulous years; Zach had a great 2nd grade year, Gracie finished 1st grade and Hoper did her time in pre-school ;) haha!

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to take the traditional first day of school picture, but instead do it the last day of school. So, once they got home today from their last day of school I took their pictures in the same fashion I did nearly 10 months ago. I also thought it would be fun to post them next to the picture from the first day of school to see just how much they've changed in just 1 school year.


Zach grew all his front teeth in and maybe grew an inch. He can still wear all the same shoes and clothes too.










Gracie has grown a lot! She has outgrown 2 sizes in clothes and 1 size in shoes. She is now only about 1/2 inch shorter than Zach, and loves this fact! ;)









I see a lot of change in Hoper. Actually, I think the most change is in her. She seems so much more grown up and her personality has grown too!












In the fall (well, actually August) when they all go back to school, I'll have to be sure to take Grady's picture too...the change in him will be astounding I'm sure.

So on this happy little note of marked growth in my kids...Hooray for summer and all it brings- swimming, trips to the beach & regional park, late nights, summer camp, popcicles, tan skin(& white buns :)), hours spent playing games and watching movies when it's too hot to move!

I hope you have some great plans for your kids during these weeks/months of summer. Here's a little look at some of what we have planned...

4 days at family camp at Oak Glen Christian Conference Center

4 weeks of summer school for Zach and Hope (July1 to July 30)

Summer camp for Zach and Grace (their first time)

4 weeks of swim lessons for Zach, Grace and Hoper

a week of VBS at YPP

a week of VBS at Church in the Pass

3 nights camping at the beach

and then some fun day trips to the Regional Park, the beach and Lake Greggory and of course many hours spent in our pool and laying on the couch :) Before I know it summer will be done, or at least the vacation part will be done and the kids will back in school and the cycle will begin again and then baby #5 will be here! :)

No comments: