Thursday, January 22, 2009

Stupid Cat!

We have a doggy door in our back slider screen. Generally, when we leave(and the weather is nice), we leave the door open so CoCo can get in and out of the screen and we've never had any problems...

Until today that is!

So, I left to take the kids for school this am and didn't return until after lunchtime and I left the door open a bit for CoCo. Upon returning I walked up to our front door and it smelt to high heaven of a cat's spray. I didn't think much of it b/c there is a neighborhood cat that roams around. When I came inside, I realized the smell wasn't only outside, but inside as well. As I walked in the smell became stronger and stronger. It was then I realized that the cat must have come in our house and sprayed! It didn't just spray by the front door, but by the hall closet, in the dining room, by the couch and the downstairs bathroom. It's a good thing that I closed the baby gate at the top of the stairs or else I'm sure the CoCo would have chased the cat upstairs as well.

What I'm guessing happened is the cat wondered in through the doggy door and CoCo chased it around the downstairs. It probably tried to run for every every door possible to get out, hence the multiple areas that it peed all over my house!

Cat urine is HORRIBLE! It isn't bad enough to get migraines from scents, but now I have to deal with cat urine and the over powering smell of cleaning products in the attempt to get the smell out. I looked online and found some products that will eliminate the smell and keep the cat away too. So tomorrow I'm headed to Pet Co and I will be dousing my house with Cat be Gone, or whatever it's called!

I HATE CATS!!!!

2 comments:

Robin Baker - The Blessed Hippie said...

OMG that is the worst smell ever. I hope you have a steam cleaner for the carpet!

Christy said...

good thing a skunk didnt wander in! :) We have a skunk that lives on our back property and sprays like nightly. It floats through our open windows and wakes me up its so strong........yuck!