Monday, January 5, 2009

More reflection on 2008

I loved this post by my friend Robin and decided to do my own reflection
Reflection Questions for 2008 from Simple Mom

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? The birth of my sweet baby Wesley
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? My marriage. Having 5 kids and keeping a good marriage is HARD!
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year? Finding out I was pregnant after James vasectomy
4. What was an unexpected obstacle? Bed rest with 4 kids
5. Pick three words to describe 2008. CHALLENGING, DRAMA, FULFILLING
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2008 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you). CRAZY, BUSY, REWARDING
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2008 (again, without asking). CHAOS, STRESSFUL, REWARDING
8. What were the best books you read this year? Love and Respect, So You're Thinking About Homeschooling
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships? Christ, My husband, my kiddos, my mom, my sisters and a few good friends
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year? being pregnant and now having a 4 month old
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? facing trust issues head on, loving deeper than ever before
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? understanding that God is in control and ALWAYS faithful
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically? bigger :), I still have those prego pounds
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? Communication was huge in my marriage
15. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home? Cooking
16. What was your most challenging area of home management? Laundry, staying on top of the constant mess
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? sitting at the computer
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year? menu/grocery planning- I saved time & money
19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year? My life is not my own, Christ's plan is bigger and better than I could ever imagine
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2008 for you. CRAZY

Okay, I've done enough reflection upon 2008, it's in the past, I'll leave it there :)

No comments: