We has dinner out and then went to church to start the conference. We got done Friday night about 10 and then headed over to our hotel. We stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites and got a room with a jacuzzi b/c the pool & spa was closed when we checked in. Whenever we stay in a hotel, we always enjoy sitting in the spa and without kids, it is bliss! (no splashing, no jumping, no fighting, just conversation and the roar of the jets) The jacuzzi was a little cheesy, (heart shaped and red, like in the movie dumb and dumber...I took a pic on my cellphone,but I can't post it for some reason) but we enjoyed sitting in the hot tub and talking about everything we had heard at the conference. Saturday morning we had coffee at the hotel and then went to church for breakfast with everyone. The conference went until 1pm.
It was great!!! I wish more people would have attended, as having time to focus on your marriage is so important to keeping your marriage on track with God and your communication open with each other. So, if you ever have the opportunity to attend a "Love and Respect" conference, I highly recommend it!
Wesley's going to be a great husband someday :) We're teaching him early.
Fred and Linsey...our mentors and great friends!
Brandon and Kara, our friends from our marriage Bible Study. There were lots more of our friends there also, but for reason I only took pictures of these two couples :)
After the conference, we went to lunch at Rubios (yummy), went to the movies and then I took James for his very first pedicure :) I was laughing at him because he was the only guy in the place that didn't work there and he was laughing out loud because his feet are so ticklish. He said it was one of those things you do once. Oh well, I tried and he indulged me, I enjoyed it!
Can I just tell you the difference it makes to getting out with just 1 kid? It felt so weird, he he! We so enjoyed our time together and feel revitalized!
We wouldn't have been able to attend to the conference or get away over night, with an amazing babysitter! Thanks Kimberly, you are the greatest!!!
1 comment:
I've always wanted to take Tom to get a pedicure! Go James!
Post a Comment