January 27 2000-
11 days over-due with my very first baby. I awoke to some back discomfort at about midnight. By 4 am Jan 28, some 4 hours later, I was pacing the halls of our very little house in Oak Glen. At 5 am with contractions 10 minutes apart we left for Corona (where my Ob doc was before we moved to Yucaipa) on the way, we stopped and got my friend Keren to drive us.
January 29 2000-
At 7:10 pm, after 19 hours of hard labor our precious baby boy, Zachary James Oates was born weighing in at 8lbs 10 oz and 20 1/2 in long. Our lives were forever changed.

From the day we found out I was pregnant we were in love. What we didn't expect was how MUCH we could love him the minute he was placed in our arms. There is something about those first few days as new parents, everything is exciting and nerveracking all at the same time.
Where these past 9 years have gone, I'm not sure. It's so surreal to see him growing up before our eyes.
Zach, My Bubby, you are such a love! I love your tender heart and sensitive spirit. Although you are wild and crazy at times, you add such a fun dynamic to our family and always keep us on our toes and at the end of the day your loving spirit always shines through. I wish you could stay little forever, but I am looking forward to seeing you mature into a Godly young man who I know will accomplish great things!
Happy Birthday Bub!
I love you!
Momma
No comments:
Post a Comment