Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bargain of the week


I'm always excited about getting a bargain! Today's bargain is Bisquick. I know, you're wondering, should I really be excited about getting Bisquick as a a bargain, but yes I'm excited, call me crazy. I fix pancakes for breakfast for my kids about 3 days a week and this is one of the only mixes I've found that has no dairy in the mix, (Zach can't have any dairy) so I use a lot of it.***Side note, the mix calls for milk when mixing it, however I just use water and it turns out fine.

Usually, I buy the huge box at Costco, but today I found it at Big Lots for less. So here's my savings...
Costco has a 90 oz box for $5.08 or .056/oz., but I got an 80 oz box for $3.00, .038/oz. I know the savings per box wasn't huge, but I bought 6 boxes, so it was worth it!
It's the little things that make me happy, really. :)

3 comments:

Heather Hekman said...

That is cool. More than a year ago, Mike and I found our favorite soap at Big Lots!. In the regular stores it was going from 4.5 ounces to 4. The bars at Big Lots! were still the bigger size, so we stocked up. We're still using it!

Dawn said...

Don't you love Big Lots! Go Faith!

Christy said...

fun. If you ever need a mix on short notice Trader Joes sells one cause its the one I used for a long time. They also have a great brownie mix and I just use Vanilla rice milk in my pancake & brownie mixes and it tastes great! :)