Our trip to Mammoth was great! We've been talking abou this trip since last year I think! :) James and I had a blast and Grady did really well. The big kids did wonderful at my sisters too! I must say though, the trip is a little bit more enjoyable minus the babies, but all in all, they did good and we still had a fabulous time.
After picking up the Hekmans and loading half of our stuff on the roof rack- I told James we'd have to put it up there, but he was so sure he could make it all fit, forgetting how much stuff we'd have combined- 2 pack n' plays, a double stroller, 2 diaper bags, 3 large bags, enough food for an army, boots, jackets...not to mention 2 carseats :) James was in the very back, tightly packed in, but he survived the drive. I get SOOOO carsick and given our last few Mammoth experiences (me vomitting the entire way), I drove the entire way up and back and Jess sat in front. We stopped for lunch on the way up and got into Mammoth in perfect time to check-in to the condo, unpack and go eat :)
Leighann & I with the 2 baby O's- '09 Mammoth babies ;)

Then we had a nice night in for dinner. We all made something and really enjoyed our time hanging out together and playing a crazy game.
Sunday- (stupid time change!) Saturday night both Ethan and Grady decided to be up half the night and talked/screamed/cried back and forth to each other for a good 2 hours. We all got up and started the daunting task of packing up and heading home :( Every year we take 5 million pictures right before we head home. Here's some of them...
It seems like all we did was sit around and eat, oh wait that is what I did :) The Odenbaughs and Jeff came up Thursday night, so Friday us girls just hung out in the condo while the guys went snowmobiling and out for lunch. They had a blast on the self-guided 2 hour trip. It's funny how a fast machine and some freedom and they are like kids in a candy store.
I think they'll be talking about this trip for a while! Jess, Leighann and I went shopping in the afternoon (Carmen and Megan weren't there yet) We had dinner out and enjoyed some drinks back at the condo (those of us who could drink) and I think pretty much all of us crashed by 10:30.
I think they'll be talking about this trip for a while! Jess, Leighann and I went shopping in the afternoon (Carmen and Megan weren't there yet) We had dinner out and enjoyed some drinks back at the condo (those of us who could drink) and I think pretty much all of us crashed by 10:30.Saturday- James, Thomas, Jess and the Mercers hit the slopes to ski & snowboard. Matt & Ethan, Megan, Leighann, & Grady and I hung out and met them all for lunch at the lodge and finished off our afternoon with naps and a few good books :) When everyone got back we made a trip to the hot-tub. Everyone else in the condo had the same idea, but we still enjoyed ourselves!
The '08 Mammoth babies, Grady and Ethan just chilled in the stroller :)
Then we had a nice night in for dinner. We all made something and really enjoyed our time hanging out together and playing a crazy game.
Sunday- (stupid time change!) Saturday night both Ethan and Grady decided to be up half the night and talked/screamed/cried back and forth to each other for a good 2 hours. We all got up and started the daunting task of packing up and heading home :( Every year we take 5 million pictures right before we head home. Here's some of them...
We always stop at Schat's bakery in Bishop on the trip down the hill, so again we stopped in and got some treats and then headed for home. We made good time, I think all stops included we were home in about 5 1/2 hours. We dropped the Hekman's off, dropped our stuff at home, changed Grady and then got right back in the car fro another 3 hours on the road. We were home for good and everyone in bed at 9:30! A great weekend, I really enjoyed just hanging out and relaxing and having only 1 kid made life so easy :) But we are so glad to be with all the kids :)
Mammoth '08- Good times, Even better friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment