Wednesday, March 5, 2008

And they're off!

James, Zach and Grace got home about 10 minutes after 8 and everything was ready to go at the door. All they needed to do was put on their jammies and get in the car, but you know it couldn't be that easy...

Jammies were on, the bag loaded (yes I just said bag, I'm proud of myself that I got everything for all 3 into 1 large bag...I know some big feat huh?) Pillows and blankies in hand, Hope opened the door and let CoCo out. So James had to get a treat and chase after her, in the car in the pitch black...hehe! Zach and Grace stood at the door saying "Good job Hoper!", while Hoper cried that she was sorry :( A few minutes later, James returned irritated, but with CoCo in hand. the kids all got into the car and away they drove, or so I thought...A few minutes later James opened the door in search of Quackers. Hoper being distraught about letting out CoCo had left her Quackers sitting by the front door and James had driven half way down Ave E before she started crying for it...with Quackers in hand they were on their way. At least it was Ave E, instead of the 15 freeway :)

It's quiet now. James won't be back before 11, Grady is asleep and I'm all packed :) I have everything set and ready for tomorrow except the cold food we are taking and our last minute toiletries. First off in the morning at 8, we're dropping CoCo off at the "doggie hotel" for her Mammoth stay and to be groomed. Then were going to take the truck to car wash and have a doughnut while we wait. Were hoping to pick up the Hekmans around 10 and then make the lovely drive up the mountain. Can't wait! :)

No comments: