Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Kindergarten shots

It's time to register Hoper for Kindergarten and do the paperwork to get all 3 kids at the same school. So, I got all the paperwork, filled it out, took it to the district office and took Hoper to get her shots. Only once at the Dr's I found out when we switched insurance somehow, Hope's coverage got dropped and to do the shots at our regular Dr's was going to cost $576! AGHHH! So, yesterday I planned my day to go to the county health department and get her shots for $15. Jess and I met at Costco, did our shopping, had lunch at Panera and then we made it as the county was opening after lunch. We get there and there's no line, yeah! But, NO, it can never be simple! I get there and find out that I had to bring her birth certificate to get her shots done thru the county! I was so frustrated I could have screamed! So, we planned our whole day around the county's office hours and then wasted my afternoon because I didn't have her birth cert!

So today, I had a pretty packed day, but had to get her shots done. Today when I got there, there was a long line and tons of trashy people waiting, just how I wanted to spend my afternoon. Anyway, we just needed to get it done and go get the big kids from school! After waiting almost an hour I called my papa and had him get the big kids because I'd never make it. They called my number, I go to pay and they only take cash or checks(I would have never figured they'd take checks)and of course I didn't have my checkbook! So I had to get out of line, go back downstairs and walk 2 blocks, pushing the stroller to get cash from an ATM. Once we got back up to the immunization office they had past our number and we had to wait again!

Anyway, 2 hours later Hope got 6 shots and is now ready to go to kindergarten in the fall! She was too cute, 6 bandaids on her arms and "she tried to be brave, but it hurt really bad", she held back the tears ns she told James about it.

From there, I had to get my kids from my papa at the toy store in Redlands and rush to try to make Gracie's first soccer team meeting. We were late because it took forever at the county and when I pulled into what I thought would be a quick team meeting, all the kids are in their soccer stuff actually practicing! AGHHH!!! I told Gracie it didn't work out because she didn't have her ball/shinguards,etc...and we'd just have to miss this time, but on came the tears!

We finally msde it home around 5 and I am so glad its over! All is well :)

No comments: