Friday, November 27, 2009

Thirty-Two

Today I turned 32...James was home today, so I was able to be pampered and it was just what I needed. I got a massage at noon, got some treats from Martha Greens bakery, got a pedicure, took a nice long, hot shower, ate out at Claim Jumper with my family, and then came home and watched a movie with my love. I received lots of birthday wishes, cards and gifts, all of which made me feel loved and extra special. Being the thanksgiving season, I have been very reflective and decided I'd make a list of 32 things I am thankful for, one for each year of my life.


Things I am Thankful for (not in any particular order)

1. My Savior, His Grace and Faithfulness
2. Parents who love the Lord
3. My church family
4. Being able to know my grandparents well
5. A husband that loves me and works hard
6. Being blessed with 5 amazing and beautiful kids
7. Hearing "Hold You Momma"
8.Being able to stay home with my kids
9. The freedom to homeschool
10. The Bible and the freedom to read it
11. My siblings and our friendships
12. Technology and the convenience it brings
13. A house, we call home
14. Great friends that are just like family
15. My health...cancer sucks!
16. Our family Dr., Dr. Mehta
17. Dr. Maghami, my oncologist
18. Second chances
19. Family
20.Freedom and those who fight to protect those freedoms
21. T-Moms and the joy it brings me
22. Chocolate chip cookies and vanilla lattes
23. CA weather and it's landscapes (beach, mts., desert, city all so close)
24. Charter schools and a great Educational Specialist
25. Photography and the joy it brings me
26. Good books and stiff drinks
27.Cousins
28.New and old friendships
29. Steam cleaners
30. A good, safe, car to drive
31. Food to eat and an abundance of it
32.Music

It isn't every day that we are challenged to go beyond the normal "I'm thankful for...", so I'm challenging you, to think deep, think big, think small and make a list of things you are grateful for, then spend the next however many days as your list is long Thanking God for them.
See my Thanksgiving post to see the family thanksgiving lists :)

Again, Thanks to everyone who made my birthday a special. I feel so very blessed!
Oatesy, Thank you so very much for giving me time to be pampered today and for my prizes :) You are wonderful! I love you!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: