Friday, June 12, 2009

The loft

So here's the pictures from the loft project. As I mentioned it is still far from finished, but it's coming along...I was hoping to have it completed by the time we start school in the end of August, but I'm thinking that simply won't happen.
Summer vacation will stall the progress I'm sure, but there the floor is done and we can walk on it safely.
This is the half wall in the current loft as you see it when you walk in the entry.
This is the beginning of the new floor of the loft looking towards the entry.Here is our new loft, the floor at least. And since this picture the side wall for the built-in has been finished. We added 160 sq of additional floor space and then a huge built-in tv cabinet over the staircase.James has to run electrical now for the tv, outlets and the lights in the ceiling for the downstairs. I think while were at it he'll do the wiring for the surround sound :) Once the electrical and lighting is done, drywall will be the next step...
Yeah for progress!

No comments: