My name is Faith and I am a home improvement junkie! Okay there, I said it.
Since February when we started our back yard I have not stopped for a second thinking about other projects to do. When I can't sleep at night I lay there and think of endless projects. At the current moment we have 6 projects underway.
So the problem isn't that I love doing projects, it's that I have project ADD. Each of these 6 projects is in various stages of completion, but none of them are complete.
It started with the backyard, a large project of concrete, grass, sand boxes, etc...It is looking nice, but not complete. I still need to plant some plants, weed the bank and paint the BBQ island. Since that project was looking nice of course my mind moved on to the next project...
An office in the garage. Oh, but wait while planning this project we inadvertently started another project of reorganizing the garage. The tools moved over, well everything moved over and created a pit of a garage which cannot be completed until this next project is done...back to the office. This project is nearly complete. James and I have done this entire project ourselves with the exception of 1/2 day of framing and another day of getting the drywall ready to paint (thanks Steve) but still left on the to do list for this project is painting the molding and baseboards, hanging the cabinets and then the big move...
But in the midst of the office project, a project that has been on my wish list since I decided to home school is the 2nd story loft extension, came to be. We knew this project would require a contractor and had gotten some quotes, but had decided not to move forward with the project due the amount of chaos it would create in our house over summer. However, we talked with a contractor and good friend and got an offer we couldn't refuse. So, that project is completely framed and ready for electrical and drywall. But this project will remain undone until the other 3 projects are complete. James and I will be finishing this project with the exception of hanging the ceiling downstairs and some drywall repair (Thanks again contractor friend and Steve). To finish this project allot has to be done...electrical, drywall, cabinets to be built, paint, molding, oh ya and flooring...that will be a project in itself. When we install hardwood in that part of the loft, we will be taking out the carpet in the rest of the upstairs and putting in hardwood.
Oh, but wait I still have another project that I started but have not completed. That is the under-stairway "cubby". When we first moved in we had talked about making the under stairway space usable, but never did anything with it. After meeting with the contractor to talk about the loft extension and the possibilites of this space, I randomly decided to cut a huge hole (3ft x 16in) in the wall to see about that project...I'm not sure why I decided to randomly do this, but as I was cutting the hole I thought to myself "what the @#** am I doing?" Anyway, at some point this previously wasted space will become usable functioning space. When that will be I'm not quite sure, but maybe before summer is done?
Another project to add to my list is extending our backyard/side fence out 8 feet towards the front of our house. I know this project sounds weird, but it will give us an extra 160 sq ft. which will allow us to put up the pool in addition to the trampoline and swing set and not have to ruin our newly installed grass. This should be a day project and with the cooperation of my kids, I should be able to get this done by next week, as summer is in full swing around here (not that you could tell by the weather) So when the weather does warm up they can expend some of their energy and swim!
I have pictures of each project, so I will post before and afters of each project as it becomes an after :) So for now I am going to attempt at staying focused and on task in getting the office done. Wish me luck!
3 comments:
Wow.. you go girl... I have tons of unfinished things around here also but am choosing to ignore them at the moment :-) If ya need me to take the girls for ya one day.. let me know.
Yikes! We have lots we would love to do around the house but whenever there is extra money I seem to find a place for us to go instead! ;) My classroom is in shambles right now though as I try to get ready for next year. :)
I'm honestly tired just reading about all those things. :) Hopefully that list gets shorter soon!
Post a Comment