Sunday, June 7, 2009

Grady's day as a painter

This morning, James went to church early to sing on the worship team and I stayed home with the kids from church because Grady had a fever. Since I was already home I decided I'd do something productive and paint the office. With Grady in his bed, Wesley in the walker beside me and the big kids playing in the front yard I started painting. About an hour or so into painting I took Wesley in to change his diaper and Grady was awake. I put him on the couch with a sippy and some cartoons and took Wesley upstairs to change his diaper and lay him down. After I was done with Wesley I went back downstairs and Grady was no where to be found. Hoper was inside, so I asked her, she said he was in the back riding his bike, then Zach comes in and says "Grady's in the office painting! Come hurry it's a big mess, you won't be happy!" Upon going into the office this is what I saw. My precious baby boy painting away and tasting it too :) Now, it could have been allot worse, as I had already painted the other 2 walls brown, but he didn't touch those. He only painted himself, the floor, counter and shelf.
"Momma, Nummy!"
The shelf
The floor
The counter
At first he was a little panicked about the paint on his hands...Then he decided it would be okay to clapSilly boy! I swear the minute I turn my back one of my children is determined to get into a huge mess! Oh well, it's these messing I'll look back on one day and laugh about (at least that's what my Grandma keeps telling me) :)

No comments: