Anyway...
We've been going back and forth about Wesley and the lack of weight he's been putting on. :( In my mind it's the entire scenario we went through with Grady. We are hoping to avoid any lengthy ICU stays with Wesley. So, last week Wednesday, we decided (the Dr. & I) that it'd be best for him to have formula with every feeding (or as many as possible) in hopes that he'll put on some weight. I went back in this morning to see the progress (I'm hopeful) In the mean time I'm trying to get my milk situation figured out.
So here's the low down...
He was born at 7.5
discharged at 6.14
1 week 7.4 (he had a little formula to help with the Bili)
2 weeks 7.4 (stopped formula after jaundice went away)
3 weeks 7.7 (formula, 1 bottle 2x/day)
1 month 7.12 (bottle with every feeding)
So, looking at the numbers it looks like the formula is helping him gain weight. Yeah and Boo! I do want him to be healthy and grow strong, however, I wish it was my milk helping him to do so... :( It really is an emotional inner-struggle. Friday I am going to get my milk analyzed for nutritional content and then I'll know one way or another what the problem is. With Grady my supply was extremely low and the content was poor. The Dr. figured it was due to the cancer and my body attempting to recuperate. However, this time around I was extremely hopeful as my milk came in good and I have a good supply (other than the cold medicine incident) Anyway...now that he's been on formula he's very constipated and really fussy. So, we are hoping to get his little system all worked out and him chunked out like the rest of the Oates kiddos :)
Last week my Papa was holding Wesley and I actually thought to get my camera and take some pictures. This is one of my favorites; Wesley is nearly a month old.

I'm going to post some pics of all the other kids at the same age to see the differences and similarities, maybe tomorrow. I'll post again once after his next weight check.
1 comment:
i'm so sorry - nursing is hard to let go of
Post a Comment