Friday, October 17, 2008

More about the boob...

I know enough already huh? I agree! I'm tired of worrying about my milk supply & Wesley's weight gain, but today I was very encouraged. I finally got into the lactation clinic in Redlands and she gave me some hope. I'm going to start taking a medication to increase my milk supply and then he should start putting on some pounds! Until I can start the medication, it takes (7-10 days to ship) we switched Wesley's formula to a higher calorie content that is used for preemies. The regular formula has 20 calories/2 oz. & this has 50, so hopefully that'll do the trick. In addition, we started a new feeding method, supplemental nursing, which combines breast feeding with tube feeding formula. It allows him to get the calories and nutrition from the formula, in addition to my milk, but also stimulates my milk production.
He weighed 8.1! Finally, I might be able to start putting him in some 0-3 clothes now :) I want him to be healthy, but I like that he's stayed little for so long, it kinda' gave me some extra time to enjoy this "newborn" size. So that's it for now.
Were heading to my folks in Oak Glen for dinner in a bit. I love nights that I don't have to cook and clean up after dinner! Hope you have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Robin Baker - The Blessed Hippie said...

oh good, I was hoping you were using that tube thingy