Sunday, October 5, 2008

Baby Logan

My youngest sister Holly was scheduled to be induced on Thursday morning at 6:30am, so the babies and I headed down there late Wed night. At 6:30 the phone rang at my sister Heidi's and it was Holly. The hospital didn't have a bed for her :( and they told her to call back at 12:30. So we all headed for IHOP to eat and get our mind off the fact that she wasn't having her baby. She called again at 12:30 and 2:30. We basically hung out all day looking at each other, finally the hospital called her back and told her to come in! By the time they actually started anything it was about 8pm. We basically had a party in her room; there were 7 of us plus Wesley and my sister. In anticipation of the long night/day ahead my sister Heather & I made a run to Wal-Mart for snacks :)Everyone camped out on the delivery room floor, except Wesley and I. We got back to my Grandma's at about 1am. Grady stayed with my Grandma on Friday and Wesley & I got back to the hospital with McDonald's at about 9.

Holly delivered Logan Arthur Barnett October 3 at 12:15. He weighed 9lbs even & was 21 1/2 in long. He looked so huge next to Wesley. Wesley and Logan are 1 month apart exactly and at 1 month Wesley only weighed 7.7. hehe! I'll warn you, there are some graphic delivery pictures in the grid below...


I was so glad I could be part of her delivery experience! I cannot believe that I just went through that whole experience 1 month ago. It's so crazy. It's like you've waited your entire life for that moment and then just like that it's over. :( I'm sure glad Wesley's delivery didn't take 16 hours, but I guess by the 5th time around it does go a little faster :) The delivery nurses were laughing at me, because I was right in there holding her back to help her push with Wesley in the sling- a girl's gotta' do what a girl's gotta' do.

My step-mom and grandma got to meet Wesley for the first time, so that was fun too.

This is my grandma who is 90 years old, holding Wesley. She was at the hospital for over 24 hours straight- what a trooper!This is my step-mom (whom I never refer to her as this) holding both the newest baby boys!



The birthing experience is so exciting and such a true miracle and gift from God. It's a good thing my husband is fixed other wise I might try to convince him to go another round at the whole birthing experience :) (I know I'm crazy)

1 comment:

Robin Baker - The Blessed Hippie said...

that is so cool - a doula (of sorts) with a sling on! love it!