Thursday, October 16, 2008

More Costco fun...

2 kids & Costco. Most of you would put this on your not fun list. However, I routinely take 4, now 5 kids to Costco by myself no problem. We have our list, we leisurely stroll the isles, we get a snack, lunch or dinner, whatever time it happens to be and we load our seemingly endless amounts of groceries into the truck.
So, today I thought, no problem 2 kids, a breeze. I had my list in tow and my pen to write down pricing (see the post below about Costco)
I think I made it down the left side of the store and to the bread before Grady started yelling at everything and everyone. At first it was kind of funny. But then he started pointing and yelling "MOM!" or "MORE", as we passed everyone he waved and yelled "BYE-BYE" of course the passing people thought he was sooo cute. I did to until he started grabbing at everything and throwing all the while yelling and laughing at me. I can't tell you how many times I bent over to pick up his sippy cup. I know take it away, right? Well that would be fine if he hadn't screamed at me the entire time until I gave it back. had we been at home it wouldn't have been an issue, but no one wants to hear a screaming kid. A few times I thought he was going to hit someone with it. Then back to Mr. Cutie pants, with "Utt-Ohh" again the passing people would chuckle and stop and smile at him picking it up and handing it right back to him.
Also, if I had a quarter for every time I heard, "Oh how cute, oh look is that another baby in there?" (referring to my sling) I would seriously be like $10 bucks richer now!
By the end of my trip I was ready for a stiff drink and a massage. At least Wesley slept soundly in the sling, even as I bet over a million times picking up after a feisty 18 month old. Rejoicing in the little things, right? :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

sounds like a joyous time indeed :) haha.

Rachel said...

Oh fun! Pour yourself a glass of something not intended for kids and take a bath!