Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weight check...

Back to the Dr. again. Friday morning I noticed Wesley seemed more yellow than usual, especially in the whites of his eyes, so I asked the Dr. about that too. Considering the weight gain (5oz. in 5days) I was very hopeful. He did gain weight, but not like the last weight check, this time it was only 1oz. from Monday to Friday :(
And the jaundice...back to the hospital to check his bili first thing this morning, his poor feet. The bili is okay, 10.6, but higher than it should be at his age, he's 5 1/2 weeks, but won't harm him in any way. The Dr. said the bilirubin would work its way through his system by about 2 months, so we'll just wait. As for the weight...We're going back this Thursday and we're hoping to see some significant gaining, otherwise we're headed for the GI specialist to check it out. I'm not too worried, but just want to make sure he doesn't end up in the ICU like Grady did.
So, that's it. Nothing spectacular...:) Hope the rest of your weekend is enjoyable.

No comments: