It was so fun to see how each of the kids reacted to Wesley's arrival. It is amazing the capacity God gives us to love and how much you can instantly love someone. There is lots of love in the Oates house :)
Hoper was the first of our kiddles to meet Wesley. Papa picked her up from kindergarten, took her to lunch and brought her to meet her new baby brother. She's in love already :) Grady was next. Dawn Verkaik kept him all morning and brought him after his nap. He was really excited to see me, but didn't know what to think about this little guy I was holding. He was however, rather entertained with crawling back and forth under the curtain at the door.
Zach and Grace got to come to the hospital after school. Papa picked them up and didn't tell them whether it was a brother or a sister that Momma had for them to meet. The first thing Zach said was, "Momma, is it a brother or a sister?" The smile on his face was irreplaceable after he heard the good news, it was indeed a brother. :)
Gracie however, was less than enthralled. She hates the hospital, (ever since I had my cancer surgery) she did say, "I wanted a sister", but soon after she was hiding in the closet and wanted nothing to do with me, the baby or anything for that matter. She just wanted to leave. The next day though, she warmed up and was rather excited to hold her new baby brother.
I love this picture. Everyone is inspecting Wesley and all his little parts. You just forget how little they are and what a miracle it all is.Whoever thinks the hospital stay is relaxing after having a baby is crazy! Yes, they do feed you whatever you want, when you want it, bring you pain medicine and you don't have to deal with the rest of life, but...My stay wasn't too bad and the new maternity ward at RCH is wonderful. The nurses were amazing and the rooms are like staying in a hotel. Lots of friends and family stopped in to see our new addition. I think we had over 30 people come to the hospital to welcome Wesley. Here's everyone!


We are blessed beyond measure!
6 comments:
congrats! love the name. Oh yes, I couldn't wait to get home =)
So cute :) I still can't believe the miracle of it all, thanks for letting me be a part of it, it was amazing :) You had a LOT of visitors... lots of people love you :)
I can't wait to get over and hold that new little one. The pictures of the kids with him are priceless !!! Talk Soon :)
Precious, precious pictures! :)
aaahhhhh, so sweet. Congrats friend! You are one busy mama! :)
Wesley is such a beautiful addition to your family. We need to get together and let the kiddos roam. I pray that you get rest when needed and that everyone adjusts well to being a family of 7!!!
Blessings ~ Jen Frates
Post a Comment