Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The last hooray

Well, kinda' of. Today we worked really diligently around the house to finish up our to-do list. I was able to go to breakfast with a friend and then came home and we all got started. It really helped that the cleaning lady was here too! Here's a little re-cap of our to-do list accomplishments:
  • Shelves hung in Grady/baby's room
  • a light fixture switched out
  • all the upstairs wall touched up with paint
  • the stairway re-painted
  • the baby gate re-hung
  • a cabinet moved inside for the computer
  • All the laundry washed, folded & put away
  • a weeks worth of outfits set out for each of the kiddos
  • and to top it all off we still had time to get a late lunch and go swimming at the Verkaiks (Thanks Tom & Dawn)

I was bummed as we pulled into the Verkaiks, I remembered I had left my camera sitting on my desk! Agghh! This was our last hooray as an Oates family of 6. I wanted to get some pictures of everyone swimming and playing around, but...not this time. Oh, well we did have a great time & the swimming wore out the kids too:)

We came home to a sparkling house, ate dinner, gave everyone their baths and then that lovely thing called the bed was calling every Oates by their name. But, as you can tell my the time of this post I couldn't sleep! :( So, I've been finding random things to do. I just matched and sorted socks, fun I know. I sorted through some other junk and I just finished the last load of laundry and am piddling hoping that my eyes will get heavy soon!

Tomorrow is going to be the longest day ever for me. I am starting it off nicely though. After dropping the kids at school, Jess and I are getting our toes done & I'm getting my eyebrows waxed, then we are heading to the KKK for breakfast. When I get home the carpet cleaners should be here and well, then I will have clean carpets again, at least for a little bit. :) I have a few errands to run, I'll all the kids from school and then it is our turn to host our small group, so I'll fix some dinner and our friends will be coming to eat about 6. After dinner Gracie is going to James sisters, so she can ride to school with them Wed. (our nephew & Gracie go to the same school) and then I will sit, pace, lay anxiously until its time to go to the hospital in the wee hours of the morning! :) Please pray for a safe and quick delivery! We will update you all soon with our news! :)

Have a happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

krista said...

Nice job knocking out your to-do list! Sounds like you are ready! Hope you enjoy your pedicure this morning :)
My brother, Kevin, is the one cleaning your carpet!

Nicole said...

It was good to see you for breakfast yesterday ! I hope all goes well for you tomorrow. I will be thinking about you guys.

Heather Hekman said...

All you got done is quite amazing! Very exciting. I'll be praying.