wow!! This is James and I never get to write on this thing. I know I will not be as good as describing emotions as Faith is. She definately got the brains and I got the looks. :-)
Just wanted to get an update to everything that has happened today. We got to the hospital about 12:30am. It was surreal driving to the hospital, as both Faith and I realized we were going to have another baby. We have obviously known this, but the reality of everything came to fruition last night during that drive.
We got checked in to the newer maternity ward of Redlands Community about 1:15am and Faith got all hooked up to the machines that would be a part of our journey. Sleep was attempted by both of us and only one of us succeeded in getting a couple hours of sleep. (I really loved winning this one) After many, many beeps, buzzes, blood pressure readings and adjustments of the heart beat monitors, the morning was starting to break.
We were very blessed to be able to have Faith's mom, my mom and Jess Hekman in the room during the birthing process. Faith decided to have this baby WITHOUT any epidural. She went through the whole process with only a small dose of pain meds near the end. It was an awesome experience and Faith did amazing!!!
I would like to post some pictures of our little man, but the camera was left at the hospital. Jess took a bunch of pictures during the birth and we will select a couple to upload. I don't have them at the time of tihs post, sorry.
I almost forgot the most important part. Wesley Wyatt Oates (or baby WWO) was born into the world at 9:42am on September 3rd. Both mom and baby are getting resting, eating and resting at the hospital. Over the next couple days, Faith will enjoy the rest and being waited on by the incredible nursing staff. Thank you all for your prayers and support of our family. I cannot put into words the love we feel for all those that have helped us physically or spiritually.
I will put up pictures when I have them.
9 comments:
YEAH I am so excited. Kendra showed me the pic.. loved it.. he is beautiful!!
YEAH! Wait a minute... I thought you guys were scheduled for a C-Section. I was so happy to read of a natural (almost drug free) birth!!!! Way to go team! BTW - you were so excited you forgot to tell us how much little man weighs! ha ha, Congrats
Congratulations!
Oh Faithy, yeah! Welcome baby Wesley. We are so excited for you and will be praying for these days to be filled with special moments and maybe even some sleep! Congats Oates Family!
Chris, Heather, Parker, Sydney & Tessy
Good job Faith!!!! No epidural....you are a GODDESS!!!! I saw Wesley's pictures on Jess's blog. He could not be more perfect! The photographer did a pretty amazing job too. 8^)
congrats and welcome to the family sweet baby! You will find no shortage of love there! :) How fun for you all! :)
Congrats Oates family! Wesley is just adorable. :)
Can't wait to meet him!
Congratulations Oates Family!!! Way to go Faith...without an epidural and everything! :) Wesley is precious...so cute!
Congrats Oates fam! Wesley is beautiful...jess showed us the pics of him. You are an amazing family. Blessings to you all!
Post a Comment