I had quite a few things on my list to get accomplished today and wasting my time was not one of them! However, it is days like this that I end up wasting the most time. My parents called as I was walking out the door to drop off at school and asked if I wanted to meet them at Mc Donalds where they were having coffee. Sure...Grady loved eating the hash browns and it was fun to visit in the morning with my folks and only some of the clan. Nice way to start off the morning right? That was until Grady was buckled in his seat, I was nursing Wesley and my folks drove away before I realized I didn't have my retainers in my mouth and I had left them on the tray which my Papa had thrown away 10 minutes before! AGHHH! Thankfully, my parents came right back and dug through the trash and found my retainers all the while I nursed little mister Wesley in my truck. (THANK YOU Papa!!!)
Then came the next thing on my list...I've been putting off adding Wesley to our insurance because of the fact I simply didn't want to deal with it. But, considering he needs to be added before 30 days and he will be 3 weeks old on Wednesday I had better get a move on it. I needed to go to the county to get birth certificates and needed one for Wesley & Grady. The insurance has Grady's name as Jrady & won't pay his bills...gotta' love this. it isn't enough for me to tell them that it is misspelled I have to send them his birth cert to prove the spelling I am already telling them. Anyway... after dropping off the big kids I headed down to the county offices off Hospitality in San Bernardino. I was rather impressed with the technology they have implemented, they have 1 line to register you and then give you a number that shows on a huge flat screen TV, like the DMV, and I didn't have to wait very long. I knew it had to be too good to be true...because when I got to the lady, she told me I could only get Grady's there and had to go to down town SB at the Health Dpt. to get Wesley's. Seriously, can they make it any more difficult? Yes, yes they can. I drove over to the ghetto to get Wesley's birth cert. and walked into the building to see a sign "SORRY, No ATM or Credit" Ok, this just makes my day. I never have cash and didn't bring my check book. I didn't even think about it because the other county office took debit. So I walked over 2 blocks to use an ATM, back to blocks and finally got the darn birth certificate. By this time it was nearly 12, good thing my friend Patty was getting Hope (Thanks Patty)
I got home and didn't even have to fix lunch, Patty had brought me lunch and dinner for the fam! I nursed again and laid Grady down for a nap. Then it was time to get Gracie. James was home, so I left Grady with him and Hope and I went to get Gracie and then take Wesley back to RCH for another Bili check.
I'm hoping this will be his last little prick, but we'll wait and see.
So, that was my day. But, now we are all home and most of them sleeping, all is well within the Oates home :)
3 comments:
That stinks! But I had a similar problem when I had my first child I needed his birth certificate to travel and he was 5mo old and it was still at the SB health department! My daughter is 4mo old and I have not gotten hers yet that I requested so I feel your pain.
I say you should get paid overtime...maybe in iced coffees! You got through it though huh? God is always giving us what we need to make it through these crazy days...somehow we always get through them!
Wow, congrats on your perseverance! You have something to show for it. Yeah!
Post a Comment