Do you ever have those days where you get up thinking you're going to get a bunch done and then only a little while later wonder why you got out of bed to begin with? It is definitely one of those days! It's only 10:30am and I've already given Grady 2 baths, spanked 2 kids and am nearly ready to pull out my hair!
When I went in to get Grady this morning I opened his door to see my little boy sitting up smiling wildly at me. Awww! Then the smell hit me...he, his crib, his blanket, and his Ribbit were covered in poop! Although his diaper was still on he apparently had peed so much that when he pooped this morning the diaper couldn't hold any more, so it just came out the sides. There is nothing like blueberry poop! He was literally covered from head to toe with blueberry poop! So I immediately put him in the bath, where he contently played for quite some time...I got him changed and stripped his bed and sprayed everything down with Lysol. At this point I still thought it could be an okay morning. I will spare you pictures!
At about 8:30 we all headed downstairs for breakfast. I got breakfast for everyone and decided to make a phone call...Gracie in her sneakiness decided to defy me and climb on the counter to get a vitamin after I told her no, but since I was on the phone she thought she'd try it. So, click goes the phone and out came the paddle for Gracie then came the screaming and the chasing as she tried desperately not to get a spanking. Then Grady starts crying, Zach and Hope start fighting, etc... At this point I am really loving being huge and pregnant with my FIFTH child and the entire idea of being a stay at home mom for the rest of my life (did you catch the hint of sarcasm in my words?)
Anyway...as I headed upstairs to deal with my sweet daughter, I asked Hope to help me and feed Grady some yogurt. Minutes later, as I'm talking with Miss sweetness, Hoper yells to me, "Mom, Grady likes to feed himself the yogurt!" and then she appears in the room.
When I went back downstairs I knew the sight would be pretty! The yogurt was all gone and Grady is again covered this time not in poop, but in yogurt, again blueberry though:)
I had to just laugh at the moment, at my morning and at what my life has become :) Again with the bath, only this time in the kitchen sink.
5 comments:
At least he's cute :) You will look back at these days and think "how on earth did I do it?", and you'll have a good laugh.
Good thing we all get to go out tonite. :0) I think we might just want to take a nap though!
aahh man, we have been out of town for 6 days but I knew I could count on finding some fun on your blog when I got to play catch up. Well, one thing I can say is this. Anyone who thinks being a stay at home mom is boring is either crazy or in denial or has never done it. ;)
ONE of those days? Man, I have these days ALL THE TIME. LOL. That's why I only have 2 kids and am contemplating whether or not to stop now....
thanks for the laugh =)
I enjoyed reading this post out loud to Mike. We have not had quite that experience, but close enough to sympathize.:)
Post a Comment