Tuesday, August 26, 2008

AWAKE!

Okay, so I have been mentally preparing myself for the sleepless nights that are to come. However, little did I know that they'd come without the baby even here yet! The last month or so I've been waking every 2 hours or so to go to the bathroom and then try to reposition my in the most comfortable position in order to fall back asleep...typical end of pregnancy, right? Interspersed throughout my pregnancy I've been having these endless dreams, where even after waking I return right back to my dream and wake tired as if I've acted out my dream or something...

Anyway, such has been my night. It is now 5:15 am and I've been lying awake since 2:45 after endless dreaming and getting up 12 times to pee, then not being able to get comfortable again I thought I 'd just get up. I should be enjoying the quiet or something, but I am just so irritated at this point! I guess I can count my blessings at this point that I'm up this early and it isn't with a screaming baby or a sick kid- I'll save that for next week, hehe! :) At least I don't have to get up and go to work (I'm trying to think positive)

So, that's how my day is going to start I guess, up at 2:45am, awake and irritated. I hope once the rest of my fam is up the remainder of the day will go a little more smoothly. I'm going to go and start a load of laundry and maybe try to have some quiet time in an attempt to create a better morning for myself. :) Okay enough bitching and moaning...life could be so much worse.

Hope you have a good morning and an even better day.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

bummer! I hate that! Hopefully this baby will be like your other 4 and you'll get a good night's rest relatively soon. Hope you are happy and alert today :) love you!

Robin Baker - The Blessed Hippie said...

Same thing happened to me - I think it's God's way of preparing us to be up all the time with the newborn.

Funny thing - when I saw your title in my Google Reader I thought the post was going to be about Jehovah's Witnesses and their magazine AWAKE! How funny!

From Jessica's post looks like you have good sleepers... that is great! My boys did not "sleep through the night" (I consider it 10+ hours) consistently until 14 months. SO, a few more weeks won't kill ya =) - but a whole year might! Now you know why I'm so crazy...........

Christy said...

If it makes you feel any better I was awake all night going pee as well. Ugh! I woke up with a bladder infection. To much information I know. Just thought you should know someone else was cursing 2am as well. :)