Okay Jess this is one of those scanning posts :) he he! I'll warn all of you its a little on the long side and no pictures, but endure okay? ;)
Seriously, where does the time go? I'm not quite sure, but week one of school is down my kiddos.
Everyone had a really good week. Having to go to 2 schools is definitely not my idea of fun for the morning or afternoon, but it really hasn't been that bad. Hope starts 15 minutes earlier than the older 2 so, I drop her off a bit early to play and then walk Zach to his class and then Gracie, Grady and I head over to her school.
For pick up the first day didn't go so well, as Zach got on the bus because by the time James got to his school after getting Gracie he was late picking up Zach. So...I spoke with Zach's teacher and being that he's in a Special Ed class, they get out 5 minutes earlier than the rest of school. So, I can get him at 3 and get to Gracie's school right as she's getting out.
I am hoping in this next week or the following that the transfer request will be processed and approved for Gracie to attend Meadow Creek with the other 2. It will just make my life easier, but we'll wait and see.
Zach's teacher seems really nice and there are only about 12 students in his class. He had NO problems this week, YEAH!!!! We are thinking and praying that he is over the "hump" of behavior problems and he can focus on learning. He made it thru 4 weeks of summer school with no problems too. So... we are hopeful!
Gracie is liking her teacher and she was very warm and welcoming the first day. She has friends from her school last year since the boundaries changed and everyone was moved around. But, when we walk Zach into his class she says hi to everyone and said she misses Meadow Creek :( I know she'll do fine regardless of which school she's in, I just want her to feel settled.
Hope loves kindergarten. We LOVE her teacher, as she was so patient and loving with Zachary and she's a Christian too :) Hoper comes home every day singing some new song and telling us stories about her day. It is amazing at how much of a sponge their little brains are.
So that's it, week 1 of school is done, just like that! Tonight we are heading over to BBQ & swim with the Nydam clan, as Jacob leaves for college tomorrow. The kids love swimming in their pool and we love visiting with all the Nydams.
Tomorrow the kids and I are heading down to Escondido for my sisters baby shower and so I can take her maternity pics (she's due Oct 1). We'll be there all day and have a great time as usual! Jamesy is staying home to work...sounds like fun huh? But, when there's work he's gotta' do it. Since he'll be taking off some days when the baby comes. 2 weeks from today! Yeah!!!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
1 comment:
It wasn't that long, you were just updating :) Hope you have fun this weekend!
Post a Comment