Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Vegas Baby!!!

It has been quite some time since James and I have gone away without the kids, actually I can't remember when...before Grady was born, so 10 months ago at least!!! This trip was long overdue. We went for our friend, Tim Elders 30th birthday, total there was about 30 people who went up for the weekend.

We had a blast! We got there a little later than expected on Friday, but got there just in time to meet up with our friends and gamble a bit and we all headed to a lounge/club. It was amazing! It was on the 64th floor of Mandelay Bay and had a near 360 degree view of the city lights. Let me just tell you next time I am bringing a pair of flip flops in my purse to change into. Both nights I walked back to the club bare footed because my shoes hurt my feet so bad!! :) I wasn't the only one though, both nights nearly all of the girls had their shoes off and carried them home (rather had their husbands carry them)

We feel so old though, we (mostly I) couldn't hang very late either night. Saturday we slept in, well at least I did, James was up early to gamble at the tables while I slept in. :)
Then we walked the strip and ate at the Monte Carlo and met up with all our friends in time to see the water show at the Bellagio and shop at Ceasars Pallace.

We had just enough time for me to get a massage before having to get ready to go out that night. (Yeah!) For Tim and Nick's birthday's we had dinner at Hard Rock, gambled a bit, then went to Studio 54-a hot night club! We had tons of fun dancing (minus the blisters on my feet from my 5 inch heels) I managed to stay up that night till nearly 1am. The rest of our group, including James stayed up til 4:30 am (are you kidding me?)










This is me with Vanessa, my bestest friend from the fourth grade :), Tim's wife!

While we were shopping on Saturday, I ran into James best friend's wife (from high school & college) We thought it was kinda' crazy meeting up in Vegas since we only live an hour from each other...but we met up on Sunday morning for the buffet at Excalibur. It was nice to catch up and enjoy each others company over breakfast.
Then came the long drive home...I think the drive to Vegas at night goes by so much faster, maybe because you can't see the endless desert lining the freeway. Anyway, we made it home in 4 hours!

It was nice to see the kids again though! Thanks to Kimberly & Nana & Papa, we had a pretty much worry free weekend! Zach went with Nana & Papa Sat, Sun & Mon. down to stay with my Grandma Boaz and had a fun time. Kim stayed at home with the girls and Grady. I was very impressed with Kim, as on Saturday she took them to the park with a picnic lunch & let them play for 3 hours. Then on Sunday she got them all dressed, did their hair and made it to church. Not to mention that the house wasn't a wreck and the laundry was washed!!! That girl is amazing I tell you! :)

We a great weekend away and the kids had fun too, what more can you ask for?

1 comment:

Christy said...

sounds fun! Good for you for getting away. 5" heels? Girl your my hero! ;)