Monday, January 7, 2008

A New Year

Again it has been quite some time since I've blogged and the new year is upon us. The kids are back in school today! I'm glad the sun is out, they've been cooped up inside all of their break, either sick or from the rain. We are all on the mend around here...Finally!

We all got pretty sick starting, or continuing (whichever way you look at it) New Years Eve. We had friends over to celebrate the new year in and ended our night with 2 vomitting kids and one with a fever :( The next morning Hope threw up and ALL six of us had fevers, achey bodies, stuffy noses, green boogers and horrid coughs. So needless to say we were all out of comission the entire last week. Friday we finally saw the Dr. and 5 of us got antibiotics and we should finish them up tomorrow. Grady was really bad on Thursday/Friday & we thought he'd be admitted again, but...we managed to fight it off and he is himself again.

Anyway...In this coming year I had some goals I thought I'd mention (following Jess's lead) writing them down does make them more concrete and real.
So...In 2008 I...
- want to build my photography business (having 1/2 shoots a week)
- need to get back to the gym a few times a week (I'm in hopes my energy level will allow)
- want do family devotions consistantly
- want finish decorating my upstairs (painting, hanging things, etc...)
- need to actually get prints of digital photos from 2006/2007
- want to scrapbook at least 2 layouts a month
- need to organize my current photos (years of photos in a large rubbermaid bin)
We also have quite a few house projects which I'd like to complete, like the backyard, granite countertops, extending our loft. I think this list could go on forever :)

For now that's all. I feel blessed to be alive this year, whereas years before I don't think I actually thought much about the simple pleasure of living life. God is Good!
More later!

1 comment:

Christy said...

glad you are all on the mend. The girls and I were sick all of vacation as well. Bummer because it wasnt like we could rest with all the activitys and family stuff. But slowly getting better.