Okay so when I made my list quickly yesterday, I forgot to include one thing that I will be really trying to do, which is be more "green." I've seen and read a couple of things that focus on being more aware of what we consume, what we conserve and recycle. We recycle, but there is so much more that we could be doing as a family to protect the environment for future generations.
One thing, which we've been really bad with is bottled water. Not only do we get 6 cases/month from Costco, we also get water delivered...After reading the info on bottled water, we have decided not to buy bottled water any longer. It is such a waste of both money and resources. Some other ways in which we are trying to be more "green" in is our water consumption, our napkin/papertowel/wipe usage and our recycling efforts. I am also going to try using organic/chemical free household products, but we'll see how that works...There is a lot of research re: household products and its relation to asthma, so it would be worth it for the simple fact that the boys have really bad asthma.
On Oprah the other day (I know, Oprah, but, it got me thinking) A lady was giving statistics about being more green and it somehow parked my interest :) So, think about one way that you can be more "green" in your life, you can really make a difference.
Okay, that's it for now...I'm getting off my soap box.
1 comment:
yay for using healthy stuff! I use allot of the trader Joes stuff and love it. If you want some tips on what is good and not so good in the "green" cleaning area let me know! :)
Post a Comment