Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, My baby boy!

Today, my Bubby (Zachary) is turning 8 years old. I can not believe that my first born is 8! Where has all the time gone? Thinking back about how much he has grown and the little man he has become makes me smile. I have never known or experienced love like that of being a parent. I have never been so challenged, never experienced so much joy and at the end of the day been so thankful for the pleasure of being called "Momma."
8 years ago on January 29, 2000 at 7:10 pm Zachary James Oates was born, weighing 8lbs 10 oz. It's funny how well I think I remember that day and yet, how long ago it was... Today we started our morning by singing "Happy Birthday!" Zach smiled with his eyes still closed :) and then the day began as usual.










I took treats to his class at the end of the day. His classmates sang to him and everyone was excited to have a birthday snack from Zachary. His class anxiously waited for the day to pass because his teacher had written Zach's b-day on the daily schedule on the board. :)I had to take a picture of it.














We came home and he got to open his presents, play with his cousins and anxiously awaited the arrival of Nana & Papa. In the meantime the phone rang off the hook of family calling Zach to wish him a happy birthday. He got a computer game that he had been wanting and played it until dinner time, for which Nana & Papa took the 3 older kids to McDonalds to eat & celebrate Zach's b-day.

I spent some time today looking thru his scrapbook which is of his first 2 years. I smiled a lot and am amazed at how much he and Grady look alike :) He really is becoming a little man and I'm proud to be his Momma. Happy Birthday Bub!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Happy B-day Zach from the Harker family! We think your great! ;)

Jessica said...

Happy birthday Zach!