Monday, April 28, 2008

We Love Spring!

We had such a nice weekend. Saturday was spent at the soccer fields in the morning and then in the pool in the afternoon, it was a warm day, but very enjoyable. The pool was still a little cold, but the kids had fun with James in the water. (It's still too cold for me to brave the water, plus I hate all the splashing...I know I'm a real fun momma, huh?)

Saturday afternoon, my parents returned from their week long vacation, bringing gifts and the kids were very anxious to see them. Both Nana & Papa and the kids were going through with drawls after a week of not seeing each other :) It's nice to have them home.
Last minute I found out about the American Cancer Society Relay for Life which was held all day Saturday into Sunday morning. So, my mom and I went over to the community park to check it out and see what it was all about. It was quite a production, they had events planned from Saturday morning at 6am to Sunday morning at 8am with all sorts of fun things to do. I registered as a "survivor" and we walked around a little. I got a bag of goodies and some shirts and will plan on attending the entire day next year. It was encouraging to see so many others who had walked in my footsteps prior or are doing that long trek now.

Saturday night I went with Jess to our friend Jen's birthday party, where we painted pottery and had dinner. By the time we ate dinner it was 10, we were all starving, but enjoyed some yummy food at a new restaurant in Redlands called Canton Bistro. It was a fun evening, but went much later than either Jess or I anticipated (I can't hang too late anymore, I'm old! haha!)

We had a lazy Sunday morning and didn't make it to church. James did some work in the morning and the kids and I just hung around the house. The weather was so perfect I made a picnic and we went to the park to enjoy the beautiful day. Everyone, including CoCo (our dog) enjoy running and playing at the park.

Here's some pics from our day. Gracie took this one of James and I.Zach stopped climbing the tree for a minute for me to snap a quick picture.
Gracie thought ahe was a model and this was her personal photoshoot :) I took about 20 just of her.Hoper and her giggles :)Grady loves to stand and thought this was great fun.

CoCo loved to run in the grass, but ended up getting sick last night because she ate too much grass :(James and Zach played frisbee, while the girls played at the playground and Grady & I watched them all. I had a great pic of Zach catching the frisbee, but Blogger won't let me uplaod anymore pics right now...maybe later. Anyway...When we left home for the park it was perfect weather, but at the park it was a little windy, however noone seemed to mind. We enjoyed a great picnic and family day at the park. It was a great way to start the new week :)

Hope your weekend was equally enjoyable. Have a great week.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

cute pics, glad you had a nice Sunday :) Your new blog layout looks cute.

Christy said...

dont you just love weekends like that!! So great!! Glad to see your kids smiling faces. Love you all!!

TLOdenbaugh said...

I am excited to go to the park soon too, before things get too hot. I was thinking that it will be nice to take Jonathan and keep him covered with his blanket from you. :0)