Monday, April 14, 2008

Summer fun in April

I've been thinking ahead towards summer and wondering what I can do to keep the kids occupied for little or no cost the majority of the summer...then while I was at Big Lots I came across an above ground pool (it's pretty big, 15' across x 3' deep) and knew I had to get it! So, after persuading James and lugging everything home 1 day later we were swimming (not me of course, hehe)

So, if anyone wants to make their kids extra happy and cool in the process, I have 3 easy steps :)

1. Buy a big above ground pool




















2. Set it all out, add 2500 gallons of water (we're not looking forward to the water bill)
















3. And presto you have some happy kids and 1 freezing Dad :)

It was a little over 90 yesterday, but there was a nice breeze and lots of freezing cold water...I stuck my feet in from the ladder, but didn't dare get in, maybe once the sun has a chance to warm up the water a bit.

So, I'm hoping my little investment will pay off during the coming months and we will be able to stay cool during those blazing summer days.

Anyone for a swim?

1 comment:

Christy said...

cute. Hopefully it will keep them busy AND wear them out. ;)