Sunday, February 8, 2009

Zach's Birthday Party

This year it was Zach's turn for a big party. He was really excited to invite the kids from his class. He wanted it at the "Big Cheese", so Big Cheese it was. :) it just so happened the date we planned was the same weekend as some other fun things.

It made for a long, fun-filled weekend, as the cadet camp-out was the night before and my sister, her husband and 2 kids stayed the whole weekend. My sisters and I did some shopping and ran some errands in the morning until James and Zach got back. I got a cupcake cake from Wal-Mart and re-decorated it with dinosaurs for all the party go-ers and then I made a special cake for Zach with angel food cake and dairy free frosting. This was a huge treat for him because he's never had a birthday cake that he could eat before...for some reason I forgot to take a picture of the cupcake cake :(

5 kids from his class came, 5 siblings, 5 cousins, 4 grandparents and 10 aunts/uncles, plus James and I made for a pretty big party! The food was pretty good, the company was great and Zach made out like a bandit and got lots of great gifts! He had a blast playing games and the cake was hit :)
I was so frustrated b/c my good camera was having issues with a bad battery, so I got some pics with the point and shoot and my mom took a few too, so at least I got some pictures, but just not the ones I was hoping for. Anyway, after the party we had family over (17) for ice cream and to hang out. We had a great day celebrating out babies 9th birthday! *sniff

1 comment: