I day in life with Hope, is fun, full of laughter, always interesting and usually ends with a great story for later in life, today was one of those moments (I have to remind myself I'll miss these days, well not this one in particular, but the days when she is little...)
Let me set up the scene for you. I'm upstairs folding a load of laundry and the boys are sleeping. Hope is downstairs finishing her lunch and watching Sesame Street before rest time. I hear kind of a ripping sound and then a bang followed by another bang and then an "Owww!"
Me: Hope, what was that sound? Are you okay?
Hope: Oh, nothing, I'm just playing! I'm fine.
Me: Hoper, WHAT happened? (At this point I'm running down the stairs)
This is what I see...
This is where the rod was screwed directly into the wall, Notice, it ripped the dry wall, nice huh?
This is where the right side bracket was attached to the wall.
This is the bracket that was attached "securely" with screws to the wall.
After I took a deep breath...
Me: HOPER, what Happened?
Hope: Ummm, nothing?
Me: Nothing, huh? Did the curtains just fall down all by themselves?
Hope: Sooorrryy! I was trying to climb like the monkey on Sesame Street.
Me: Hope you are a little girl in very big trouble, NOT a monkey!
Hope: Sorry Momma, I got a little owwie too. I banged my knee on the floor and the curtains hit me on the head.
Me: Sorry, Hope. You shouldn't have been climbing up the curtains like a monkey. Please go away from me NOW!
I just had to make her go away from me to prevent some bad parenting methods! It was kind of funny, but then again, not so funny. I think I'll leave the curtains down for a while to prevent any more monkey climbing!
No comments:
Post a Comment