Is it bad that I want to strangle my 5 year old? I'm just kidding of course, but again I'm ready to scream!!! You'd think by 5 the phase of getting into everything and making a mess would be over, but not for Hope.
Today I sat down on the couch in the loft and wondered why it was so stiff. I got up and looked. There was a white spill all over one cushion, into the other one and by the back pillows. So then I tried to move the cushion to further investigate, no luck. Then the pillow, no luck. So, I tried a little harder and the pillow RIPPED off. Yes, ripped off with a big piece of the fabric still attached to the cushion. Then it all made sense. Glue! The cushions were glued to each other and the back pillows to the cushions! I knew right away it had to have been Hope. That darn mischievous Hoper, I can't wait to hear the story about this one!
Me: Hope?
Hoper: What Momma?
Me: What happened to the couch?
Hoper: (as if nothing was wrong at all) The glue spilled all over when I was doing a project, but it was too messy to wipe it all up.
Me: (As calmly as possible) Oh. What happened to the rest of the glue?
Hoper: It was empty so we threw it away. Sorry!
Aghh! I know you are wondering where was I when this all happened? The answer is I'm not sure. The girls routinely do "crafts" in the loft area, where they have a little desk with papers, markers, crayons and apparently glue (I removed the scissors after the hair cutting incident last year) I hardly ever sit on the couch, as generally I'm at my desk while the kids are playing. But, I guess this time I wasn't sitting in the loft. The rest of their mess had all been cleaned up, so I had reason to be suspicious. Boy, was I wrong.
I think from now on I'm going to keep her on a leash by my side while at home. I didn't take a picture of this incident, as I was too mad to. Another great day for a spanking!
2 comments:
This is funny, I can't wait to see the Pics!
I had a good laugh and then a cry from this one...I have the same thing happen with Gracie all the time and since she is only 3 (almost 4) I think I am in trouble since Hope is 5. Thanks for the story and hang in there.
Post a Comment