So we started today by working outside. James picked up the tractor and we started moving dirt to back-fill the retaining wall. My Papa is here helping and the kids have been playing outside and running in and out of the house.
Hoper (my ever mischievous child) decided she wanted to take a bath while I was in making some lunch for James and my Papa. As I was making lunch I heard the water running and hollered to Hope that I'd be up in a minute to help her with the bath. After setting their lunch on the table and picking up a screaming Grady, I heard splashing water from the dining room. I ran in to see water streaming out of both the canister light and the air duct in the dining room! I ran up stairs to find the bath overflowing and Hope naked in her room playing barbies! The water covered the bathroom floor all the way to the carpet! I grabbed a freshly washed load of towels from my bed and started sopping up the water. James and my Papa got 5 gallon buckets and the remainder of the towels to catch the water streaming from the ceiling downstairs! 
James shrugged his shoulders and went back outside to continue his tractor work, as it needs to be returned by 5pm. The water has stopped dripping and now, we just have to dry out the ceiling and pray that it doesn't mold or start to collapse beneath the bathroom! So, I'm guessing we'll be having Steve Aranda over to do some drywall repair in the very near future!
I was going to quick fix lunch and then take Grady upstairs to feed him while sitting in the bathroom watching Hope, however that obviously didn't happen! I guess I learned my lesson about leaving Hope alone. I mean, I should know better, she gets into everything! At least she didn't drown! :)
1 comment:
What a day you had! I hope today is better! You are right, at least Hope didn't jump in the tub and drown, or get hurt; and at least you guys made good progress on your backyard :) Hopefully that water will just dry out... maybe you can blow a fan up into the dubt?
Post a Comment