The house is quiet. Everyone in my house is fast asleep :) The first day of school is done!
Zach came home on the bus and ran through the door saying "Hi momma, I'm home!" He was so excited. He thought it was so cool that the bus will pick him up and drop him off at our curb! He had a great first day and was really anxious to show us his classroom tonight at back to school night. My parents came to keep the other kids so we could focus just on Zach. He has 2 teachers and they are both great! I'm looking forward to a more possitve school year for him.
Hope, Grady and I (Zach stayed with James) went to pick up Gracie. Needless to say the parking around the school was chaotic. We parked a long walk away from school and walked in the 106 degree heat. By the time we got to the gate to wait for her, Grady's little head was dripping with sweat and the sling was soaked! I sent Hope in through the crowd to get Gracie and they came out holding hands smiling.:) (so cute) I could tell that Gracie was tired and her day was long, not to mention hot! She told me about her day and that she wanted to get hot lunch instead of taking her lunch :) It's the little things I guess.
We are trying to get into a routine of things and I'm thinking it won't be too hard to get things going and be back into the swing of things! Tomorrow morning will be my first morning with just Grady. First Zach will get on the bus at 7:57, I'll drop off Hope at 8:30 and Gracie at 8:45 and come home and put Grady down for a nap and will have the morning to myself until Grady wakes at 11 and then I'll get Hope at noon. I think I might just sleep...Does that sound lame? Have four kids and you'll understand. haha!
Unitl Later...
2 comments:
I hope your first day "alone" goes well...
I'm so glad the first day went well for the kids :) Now if it would just cool down! Hope you're enjoying your morning alone.... you are probably in the bed :) After dropping Matt off this morning at 6:15 I came back home and got into bed until 8:15, haha. I figure I better enjoy it while I can.
Post a Comment