Although I should be relishing this time to myself I was rather torn about it. I went to Loma Linda today for my scan and was unprepared for it I guess. I made it there fine and got registered. The tech was kind a tried explaining as much as possible. He started an IV to disperse the medication that would identify the cancer in my body. I had to lay still, not move, not think, just relax for an hour while the medication went into my body. That wasn't too bad, I let my mind wander and ended up falling asleep. The tech came & woke me up & then put me in the machine & strapped me down, this test would be about a half hour he said. The next test I had to switch positions & was only about 15 minutes. When it was all done, he asked about my kids. He told me I could not nurse anymore and I couldn't be around my kids. I could touch them if I had too for 2-3 minutes max, but could not hold the baby and should stay at least 6 feet away from the kids for 8-10 hours b/c I was radioactive! I'm supposed to drink about a gallon of water to flush the radiation out of my body! I wasn't told that I'd be radioactive afterwards, so I was bummed. The good news I thought, was that our Primary Dr. would have the results later today; that was until I called the Dr. & figured out he left at 11am & wouldn't be back until Tuesday. :( Bummer an entire weekend of uncertainty!!!!
James had Grady & Hoper at home this am, but had to work this afternoon, so I called my friend Chris Nydam. She & her girls will keep them until James is done with work. I got my Papa to pick up Gracie from school & Zach will be home on the bus by 4. I pulled into the driveway & Hoper ran out to greet me...I told her to go back inside b/c Momma was sick & she couldn't be by me. She responded in tears, which of course made me cry! I ran upstairs and here I still sit!
I guess I should be enjoying my time alone & spend it wisely, but instead I've watched some useless TV and had a pity-party for myself
:( It could always be worse, I know. I think I'll go change some sheets & vacuum or something.
Until Later...
1 comment:
Isnt it funny how when we finally are left alone we dont know what to do with ourselves? Dan will take the girls somewhere to give me a break and I call 7 times because I miss them.
Post a Comment