I can't believe it's already July. When summer was approaching I thought to myself how long summer would be and how bored the kids would be, but I'm thinking now we might need a vacation after its all over. The last week of school Grady and I spent the week in the hospital and James traveled back and forth, as well as took care of the other kids! He was there a total of 8 days, it was a long week! Grady and I came home late Monday afternoon. That same day the 3 big kids went to VBS at Hope's preschool for the week from 9-12am. They had a blast! The theme was Avalanche Ranch (a western theme) and they came home singing all sorts of fun songs!
On Friday after the BBQ was done we packed up and headed to San Marcos my sister's wedding. The weekend was packed full of the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, lots of swimming at the hotel, a family BBQ , nails, hair and make-up, dinner with some good friends and of course the big day. James performed the ceremony, I was a bridesmaid and Zach was the ring bearer. Gracie spent most her time being the photographer and Hope played with her cousin Hailey. Holly (my sister) looked beautiful and the day was great! We came home late on Sunday night and then left again on Monday for a week at family camp. I had just enough time to unpack from the weekend, wash clothes and re-pack for the week.
Our week at family camp was really good! Zach started summer school the same week so my papa drove him down the hill every day and picked him up at 12:30. The speaker was great and talked about how to have an endless summer and how God uses us to write our own stories. We worshipped, swam, ate, played in the gym, climbed the rock wall, ate, jumped on bouncers, attended daily seminars, went on a hay ride, had root beer floats, did nightly family devotions, the kids went to VBS, James played paintball and we all worked on puzzles throughout the week! :) Our friends the DeWitts went with us and they stayed in the room next to us. We all had a really fun time and were able to see more of Christ through the speaker, worship, fellowship and the nature that surrounded us.
We came home Friday and after pulling in the driveway, James went outside to move my truck and it wouldn't start, just click, click, click! Just after that the delivery man called and said he was on the way to deliver the block for the retaining wall in the backyard. I had parked in the driveway so there wasn't room for the forklift to drop the block. :( I called to have my truck towed to the dealership for service and the block was delivered and put on the other side of the driveway.
My sister Heidi and her fiance Erik with their 2 kids came up on Saturday. Erik and James worked on the block wall all day and the kids played, while Heidi and I went shopping and fixed food. We ended our day by going to Red Robin and Cold Stone for Heidi's birthday.
Sunday James was "Super Man" in church for a skit in an "Average Joe" series Pastor John is preaching on and
then we had our once-a-month dinner with the Oates at our house.
The kids are tired and worn down from a week or more of going to bed after 10pm & James & I are both a little tired too! Zach went to summer school again today at 8am and the girls slept in late. I feel like I could sleep a week straight (if I could sleep), but we've had fun so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment