Mother's Day itself was really nice. I don't think I will ever grow tired of the sweet hand made cards and gifts from the kids. They are so proud to give them to me. Hope even told me exactly how she was going to give hers to me..."I'm going to wake up and bring it to you and set it on your covers and then say SURPRISE! and you can open your eyes and see my hand prints :) It was so cute because we told them not to tell what it was and they had to wait until Mother's Day to give it to me. They were excited to wait and equally excited to have me open their hand made tokens of affirmation. It is during those moments that I think I could never be done having kids...Don't worry, reality hits shortly after, that 5 kids are enough to keep any mom crazy, I mean busy :)
There was nothing spectacular about the day, but none the less it was very enjoyable and just what I needed. We all slept in, I mean really slept in, I think it was 9 before we all got up, even Grady slept that late. (We had been out til 11 the night before, so everyone was tired) I can't even remember the last time we all slept in like that, if ever.
We headed to Soup Plantation for brunch (it was my choice and James hates that place), but he was nice to appease me on my day. Every place we drove past the lines were out the door and the parking lots over flowing, so we braced ourselves for a long wait, but to our surprise there was neither a horrible line or a full parking lot. I think we got there just before church let out because after we sat down the line was out the door.
We all had yummy food and left with very full tummies! Thanks for enduring me honey :)
James got me a swing for Mother's Day, so after we ate we went to Lowes to pick it up. James and I put it together while the kids played and then I laid on it for a bit. The kids all took turns sitting with me as we rocked back and forth in the shade. My folks stopped by for a bit and my mom & I swang for a bit too. It was such a nice day. I am so looking forward to sitting in it to watch the kids swing, swim or jump and maybe even after the kids have gone to bed with just Jamesy...I can always wish right?
Unfortunately we didn't get a pic of all the kids with me, but 1/2 of them is good, right?
We enjoyed the Laker game, even though they lost, had a yummy dinner, watched AFV and were all in bed by 8:30 :)
I hope your day was equally as enjoyable and you felt honored & celebrated on this special day. Happy Mother's Day to all those Momma's out there!
2 comments:
hey!!!!!!!!!!! sorry im just ultra happy right now and dont know why lol. im glad to hear bout your baby and your mothers day. it sounds fun :D. ok well um...i was just lookin for people who like to write and you seem so nice and stuff and id like it if youd help me with a few things. i really want to write something but no one knows bout my blog so....i have no constructive critisism...not that i have anything yet but still. i brainstormed an all that stuff :D. i bet youd be more confortable if you knew more bout me huh? im 15 and my name is "luna". he he thats all im giving out right now i gotta go to sleep
happy mothers day! I agree, best job ever!!!! So tired though. but hey we can sleep when they are grown and we are bored right? ;)
Post a Comment