Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Doggie Diapering 101

Well, this morning I woke up and let the dog out and noticed she was bleeding a bit...She's in heat. :( I've been meaning to take her to get her fixed, but just hadn't gotten to it, so...I guess now I will take her sooner than later considering we don't want any puppies and the alternative isn't that appealing either.

I called around all morning to the vets (outrageously priced) and all the low cost spay/neuter clinics, but no one has an opening until late June. Fortunately, I found a place in Riverside that has a clinic that does first come first serve spaying and it's not extra even though she's in heat. However, the clinic is only open on Monday mornings for drop off from 7:30-8:30. So, James will be taking CoCo to the clinic bright and early on Monday morning to get spayed. Until then, she either has to be outside or have a diaper on. Today she was outside all day and I felt bad, but tonight she's back inside. I need to go to Pet Co and get some doggie diapers, but I didn't make it today, so we made due with what we have plenty of...baby diapers :) Haha! Take a look at our doggie diaper :)


















I am in hopes that she won't chew at it during the night, but we'll have to wait and see in the morning. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

hahaa, that cracks me up, I'm glad the regular diaper worked for at least a little while. It's a real blast when your dog comes into heat, haha. Watch out if she's outside, they send out some smell and boy dogs will try to get in your yard.

Christy said...

ok, yup I have seen it all and it confirms that kids are ENOUGH for me! ;)

Robin Baker - The Blessed Hippie said...

haha - yeah CostCo diapers!