Friday, November 30, 2007

Rain, Rain Go Away

Let me preface this by saying, "I know we need the rain."
I got up this morning on the wrong side of the bed :( I heard the rain, it was still dark & gloomy out and the kids somehow knew it! Ever have those mornings when your kids just seem to excelerate your mood? It never seems to be the days when I'm in a good mood either...haha! Anyway, I have T-Moms every other Friday morning & honestly I wanted to take the kids to school and come crawl back into bed, but I knew that I should go b/c it was the last one before the new year. So, I got the kids up and ready and realized as I was heading out into the pouring rain that the only umbrella I had was out in the mud in the backyard. AGHHH!! Why me?
So, I ran out into the muddy back yard to grab the umbrella and nearly ate it, as my foot slipped. After grabbing it and covering my hand in mud I decided to open it and leave it on the trampoline to let the rain wash it off. I put everyone in the car (we all got soaking wet), ran back inside grabbed Gracie's rain coat and got the umbrella from the back yard. The rain helped a little, but it was still pretty muddy. Once I got in the car I had to use 2 or 3 wipes to wipe both my hand and the umbrella handle off.

Anyway, everyone got to school on time and I made it to T-Moms. I'm so glad I did, despite the rain. The devotion this am was about how we as moms often times feel invisble, but yet we are doing a great work behind the scenes. A lot of times the effort we put into things goes unnoticed or is overlooked (by our kids and/or husbands) and makes us feel invisible. It went on to encourage us that if we as moms are doing things right, it generally is without credit or unnoticed, although not unappreciated. I thought after she was done at how often we make our Father feel invisible by not giving Him credit for all the little things He does for us. How often do I go through my day failing to give credit to God for the beautiful weather, a sweet smelling flower, a smiling child, a conversation with a good friend? Do I make my Father feel invisble, as often I feel?

I know that my children wouldn't be who they are without my "invisble" efforts and the same goes for me. Christ has done a work in me and most of it invisible and I would not be the woman I am today without Him continuing to do the little things for me, rainy day or not. Needless to say, my morning at T-Moms changed my attitude and I was able to enjoy the rainy day.

Take a little time today to enjoy the little things (like the pitter patter of the rain) and know that although you may feel invisible at times, you are doing a great work in your little ones life and don't forget to thank Christ who is constantly doig great things for you! :)

3 comments:

Christy said...

aahh, thanks for that Faith. Very encouraging. I decided to grin and bare it Friday as I drove around running errands and picking up wet kids. So we ran in the rain with no hoods and got SOAKED to the bone! Really fun and no I wont be posting pictures of myself after that! ;)

Christy said...

oohh my gosh, dont know who paul stevens is but that comment is from me Christy H. How the heck did that happen? Crazy Blog has a mind of its own!

Faithy said...

Christy
That's funny...I was wondering who Paul Stevens is. Is he your alter-ego?