.
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Thanksgiving Weekend
As tradition would have it, Thanksgiving weekend is meant for putting up the Christmas decorations and eating leftovers. So today we put away the hay bails and pumpkins and exchanged them for poinsettias, sparkling lights, garland and the Christmas tree, as we ate some yummy leftovers. The kids were really excited about getting all the Christmas stuff out and wanted to help. We started with the wreath on the front door and then did the mantel and hung the stockings. Next came the tree and it was a long process, I'm not sure why I'm so anal about things, but it is done & looks beautiful! James worked most of the day and came in for the tale end of decorating the tree, funny how that worked..hehe! :) 

Hoper wanted to show everyone this little sign (rootbeer candy in her mouth and all)...it says "Jesus is the heart of Christmas!" :)
Gracie wanted to pose putting an ornament on the tree :) I didn't think to take pictures while we were actually hanging the ornaments. I was too busy making sure the glass balls didn't get dropped on the floor, but there's always next year.

Do you like our tree topper? Grady thought it was quite funny, but really the star is on top- Daddy did the honors and all is well with the Oates Christmas tree.
James & I were just talking about how I'm never in any of the pictures, so he offered to take one of me with the kids, even though we look like "raga-muffins." Here we are with our tree all decorated. We still have a little left to do tomorrow after church- the kids have tress for their rooms and I've got to put the garland up the stairs. I love the way it all looks, I'm glad I actually get to enjoy it this year :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
everything looks great! I love tree topper grady! :)
Good job on the tree... much more stylish than mine :) Your hair looks awfully nice for a "ragamuffin" day.
Post a Comment