Sunday, November 11, 2007

Apples Anyone?

So every year this time Snowline gets rid of all their excess apples to close for the season and gives them to the camp (Oak Glen Christian Conference Center). I think this year they donated 10 cases in all! So, all these apples are thanks to Snow-Line :)





We love fall and apples make it really feel like fall! We missed actually picking apples this year, but now we have plenty! :) My parents brought us 2 cases filled to the brim with apples. There is no way we can possibly eat, bake or share all of the apples, so tomorrow James will take a case to Joseph's store house and I'm sure they'll enjoy them. But, today we decided we should bake! :)

Hoper was my helper and started by picking out the "pretty" apples to peal and core and cover in cinnamon and sugar! :) I think she ended up eating about 2 whole apples that were pealed and cored and covered in sugar. I sure hope she doesn't get a tummy ache!








We went a little crazy with the baking. We started as soon as we got home from church at 10 am and finished up about 1 or 1:30. We baked apple-cream cheese cresents, mini-apple pies, apple dumplings, apple-cream cheese crumb cake and apple pie. Here is Hope holding her dumplings ready to go in the oven.

Hope was waiting to lick the apple bowl that was covered in cinnamon and sugar and once everything was in the oven, I let her have at it. Mmmm!

I am in hopes that everything will taste as good as it smells baking in the oven. We have enough to share, so feel free to stop in for a baked apple treat!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

yuuuummmm.... cant wait to try something tonight :)