Wednesday, October 24, 2007

We can't breath!

The smoke is bad enough, but then add in asthma and a cough from the big sisters and you end up with one sick Grady-bug :( He's been wheezing now for a few days and the cough has worsened. yesterday we saw the Dr. he took a listen and yes he is wheezing and though he'd probably be admitted. He was right. We made it through the day, but last night he was retracting, wheezing and coughing pretty bad so...I wnet to Loma Linda first the ER was PACKED! There must have been 25 people standing outside the waiting room and I couldn't even see inside through all the people, so I went back to Redlands Hospital hoping at worst they'd just transfer us to Loma Linda if he needed to be admitted.
RCH Emergency wasn't much better, but we only waited about 15 minutes before they brought him in to triage and they took us back immediately. They started an IV, took blood, took X-rays, did a breathing treatment, gave him steroids and an antibiotic. Still, not much luck his respitory rate was high, his pulse-oxygen level was low and his wheezing was horrible. About 2 hours in the Dr said we'd be transfered. 2 hours later and a sickening ambulance ride (can I say carsick?) we arrived at Riverside Regional Medical Center in Moreno Valley at about 2. By 2:30 Grady had worked his magic on all the nurses and our room was full, as everyone was checking out the cute baby.
A headache, a soda and an annoying beeping monitor later I was in the bed (I mean reclining chair) by 3:30. Grady did okay through the night and we woke up at about 7:30. We both ate and then the Dr. came by. His resp. rate had improved and his wheezing had decreased dramatically, so it seems the steroids and antibiotics had begun working.
James brought Hoper to visit us and Grady grinned from ear to ear. We did a shift changed and my parents came to be with Grady and Hoper stayed with. James brought me back to Redlands to pick up my truck at RCH and then he finished working. I got the kids early from school and came home for a brief moment to shower, check e-mail etc...I thought I'd post a moment also.
I took some pics of him in his cage, but forgot to my camera home, so I'll have James post the pics later. As for now, we are back to the hospital to change shifts again.
Keep us in prayer and hopefully we'll be home tomorrow or the next day:)

2 comments:

Christy said...

oohhhh poor baby! Please if I can do ANYTHING please call. Besides Dans gone, for who knows how long, my mother in law is evacuated here, and Morgans school is closed so whats a little more excitement here? :) Seriously, I am here for you if you need me. I will pray for the sweet babe though. Love you!

Jessica said...

Poor Grady :( I am praying you guys get to come home soon and that he can breathe!