Sunday, October 21, 2007

Hair cut anyone?

I could shoot 2 of my children! For some reason Zachary and Gracie thought it would be a great idea to cut their sisters hair.

Gracie came down the stairs saying "Momma, I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" She was holding her own hair, which she had cut about a 1/2 inch off from one side. I was mad, but thought no big deal. That was until I saw Hope's hair. My poor Hoper! They had nearly chopped off her entire piggy tail on one side and a little bit of the other one too! I wanted to cry! She is 4 years old and had only had a trim once aside from when she cut herself some bangs back over summer. Hope sat still and let them and even told them they better "cut it into the sink like Momma does!" Here is a picture of her hair in the sink to show how much hair they chopped :(








I was so mad and let myself calm down before I punished them for chopping their sisters hair. Mind you, they are 5 and 7 and know better than to cut their own hair, let alone their sisters. I decided that both Zach and Grace would have to have their cut also. That might not sound like a punishment, but to Gracie it was huge! She has been growing her hair out for the last year and a half and wanted to grow her hair to her butt! I told her I was going to chop her hair just like she did to Hope's. She was so cute, crying she asked me if she had to have her hair like Zach's. haha! I reassured her that I wasn't that mean. So Grace got 4 1/2 inches cut from her hair and Zach got his head shaved! It could have been worse I guess.

Thankfully Auntie Jenna is a stylist and came over later that night to fix Hoper's hair as best she could. :( It's so short, she tried to blend it the best she could, but there's not much you can do with hair that sticks out 3 inches from the head.









Maybe now it will grow more. The pictures look much better than it really is. I'll have to take a picture of her "new" piggy tails to show the difference...another day though.











2 comments:

Christy said...

ahhh, good thing your beautiful no matter what Hoper! Oh and yes even at 5 & 7 they stupid things! Ugh I know!!

Jessica said...

Oh, the back looks really cute! I suppose it could have been worse! Her face is so cute anyhow, you don't even notice her hair :)