Today is just one of THOSE days :( I woke up just feeling crabby! I didn't want to get out of the bed and it turned out to be for good reason.
Tuesday morning is my Bible Study morning at YCC, where I recently joined a friend to do a Beth Moore study, but given my mood this morning I decided not to go. I just couldn't get my act together. Not only did I not eat before taking my kids to school, but they had to grab cereal in a bag...(not the end of the world, but just reinforced my feeling of "bad-momma")
When I got back from taking the kids to school, I expected to see my house keeper's car, but nope (for the 2nd week). Then, when I went to get Grady out, he was missing a shoe. So, I got back in the car and went back to school #1 to see if it was still there. Thank Goodness it was still sitting in the gutter and I didn't have to go searching at school number 2.
Got back home and still no house keeper. Argh! Took the babies in, looked for Fabi's phone number (the housekeeper) which was suddenly missing after Hope's extended homework session at my desk yesterday. Argh!
I go out back and realized I hadn't seen CoCo since coming back home...CoCo must have gotten out this am when the kids were getting in the car. Argh! I didn't even have the energy to go and look for her, instead I just opened the garage, so she can wonder in when she chooses.
I unloaded the dishwasher and fixed myself something to eat, got Grady a snack. I was just about to lay down Wesley and the phone rings...Zach's school, he needs to be picked up! Get there and the principal wants to talk with me. (What this time?) Zach was getting suspended for something really lame, which just irritated me more. I honestly think this time it was more the inexperience of the substitute teacher than it was Zachary. It's Special Ed, seriously take a minute and re-direct! Anyway!!!
Now it is nap time and I couldn't be happy today! I'm going to make myself a strawberry daiquiri and sit outside by my new fountain, maybe even lay down for a little while.
God is good, even in the midst of my bad days. I need to remind myself that things can always be worse, but...I just want to have my pity party a little longer :) Hopefully after nap the day will turn around. Well, at least I can hope, right?
3 comments:
I am so sorry! I understand that those days just stink and drinks are necessary! It stinks that a special ed sub dosn't know what to do if they don't understand special ed kids then don't sub in that room! I am less and less of a fan of public schools seeing how some kids who need extra assistance get mistreated at times. Your not a bad momma just a busy tired momma. Hang in there it will get better soon!
YIKES! Not fun but doesnt it seem like when it rains it pours? I mean seriously! Hang in there girl the school year is almost over.
Next time give me a call and I'll watch your kids and you can sit in my spa with a margarita!!!! I'm serious!!!!
Post a Comment