Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patricks Day

We're not Irish, nor do we pretend to be, but I got into the spirit of St. Patrick's Day today. Like many others around the globe...The Chicago River even gets dyed green for today :) Check out this web site http://www.history.com/content/stpatricksday/history-of-the-holiday and read some interesting facts about the history of the holiday. I had to make the wearing of the green educational too, so the kids and I talked about the history of St. Patrick's Day and found it quite interesting. Anyway,

We had lots of green... :) Of course I dressed everyone in green, you know me, I'm crazy like that. It started outside...

Some little green votives...
I got this sign as a gift for my birthday in November, but took a picture of it b/c you guessed it, it's green :)We started our day off with green pancakes, green apple sauce and green milk to drink. Everyone had green to wear, including mom and dad (no pictures though, James would appease me this time) I did get pictures of the kids in their green though....another post maybe.


Small group it at our house tonight, so we are having an all green dinner. Hence the festive shirts for the beer :) Fresh spinach linguine, with a pesto cream sauce, asparagus and green salad. Then for dessert I made a yummy chocolate cake with mint chip ice cream. I'm silly I know. I was going to make a key lime pie, but chocolate sounded better, no surprise there.
Hope you've had a happy day! I'd better get dowstairs to make that green dinner :)

No comments: