Thursday, March 19, 2009

Care Bears

When I was a kid, I loved Care Bears! My mom has been telling me for years that she saved all my Care Bears and had them in storage...I thought "ya right, like you'll ever find them", but this past week they went down to their storage and this is what they brought back...At one point I had all the Care Bears and the cousins too. There must be another bag somewhere.

okay, notice that 2 of them are in the original boxes! Crazy...Why my mom kept them all these years I'm not sure, but Hope thought it was the greatest thing ever when I opened up the bag! It was her idea to set them all up in the driveway :) I told her that she and Grace could each keep 1 and the rest we'd give away.

Her friend was over today, so they played with them all afternoon before they had to say good-bye to them, hehe! So, 2 down right away, Hope chose the "share-bear" and her friend Kylie chose the bunny. Zach came home and he wanted one too, he chose the raccoon and Gracie chose the penguin, so 2 more gone. Our neighbor Jacob wanted the brown one, another one bites the dust and my sister-in-law stopped by so 2 more gone, 1 for my niece and nephew. All bears accounted for, hehe! It's so funny to me that 25+ years ago these were every little girls dream and now they are popular again. Silly, I guess if you do keep something long enough it will come back into style...

1 comment:

TLOdenbaugh said...

I LOVE carebears.... I think I had the racoon (and might still have it stored somewhere with Thomas' ninja turtles!) so cute.